Outreach Ltd. have developed a training course for any member of staff who is involved in the use of abrasive wheels as part of their primary role with the main aim to enable delegates to select, mount and use abrasive wheels safely.
Our abrasive wheel training courses are suitable for all operators, managers and supervisors, who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels as defined in PUWER Regulations 1998.
The aim of the abrasive wheels training course is to enable candidates to work safely, to provide an understanding of current legislation and promote awareness of the dangers and hazards of abrasive wheels, and to offer practical steps to reduce workplace accidents and encourage workers to adopt a culture that results in a safer workplace.
DURATION: Half Day (Maximum 10 Delegates)
- Hazards Arising from Use and Precautions
- The Requirements of the Regulations
- Methods of Marking as to Type and Speed
- Methods of Storage, Handling and Transporting Wheels
- Methods of Testing and Inspecting for Damage
- Function of all Components and the Correct Method of Mounting and Balancing
- Methods of Dressing an Abrasive Wheel
- The Adjustment of the Rest
A written examination along with a practical examination will be required to pass this course. Upon successful completion of the course a Certificate of Training will be issued.
For more information regarding our Abrasive Wheels training, please call: +44 (0)1324 889000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org